City police chief Comm Datuk Tajuddin Md Isa assured the public that the city is secure despite a terror alert issued by the Australian government. “We have not received any intelligence to indicate a terror threat. “We are on constant vigilance and security has been increased over the past few months. The city is safe from any terror threat so far,” he said when contacted Sunday.
Comm Tajudin was commenting on a terror alert issued by the Australian Government on earlier Sunday, stating possible terror attacks in the city.
The travel advisory posted on the Australian department of foreign affairs and trade website said “attacks could be indiscriminate and may target Western interests or locations frequented by Westerners” were possible targets.”
It also advised Australians to “reconsider the need to travel to the coastal region of eastern Sabah.”